Friday, January 13, 2012

homework assignment #1

Rhetorical Analysis of a Visual Argument
                This essay entitled “Rhetorical Analysis of a Visual Argument” is an analysis of a popular Chanel perfume advertisement. The purpose of this essay is to argue whether or not this advertisement was successful. The purpose influenced my writing the most because I did believe that the advertisement was successful, meaning it would sell the perfume product. However, I thought the ad was a negative view of America’s society. This excerpt from my essay explains my viewpoint:
Many people, especially women (which the Chanel N5 is targeted toward), buy material items to bring happiness into their lives. However once that item is purchased, there is still something missing, causing people to buy more. Material things are only temporary, leaving only temporary happiness. Once that liquid is gone out of that perfume bottle, then what? We should not look for happiness in material items, but rather look at all of the simple blessings in our lives that money cannot buy.
The audience of my paper is also influential on my writing. Since the Chanel perfume ad was targeted towards women, my essay is also targeted towards women. Keeping this audience in mind, I used words that women can have a connection with. For example: “beautiful”, “love”, and “glamorous”. I believe that the overall essay was O.K. and could use improvement in grammar and sentence structure.
                My essay “Rhetorical Analysis of a Visual Argument” from English 101 executed the purpose and connecting with the audience well, but lacked in grammar and sentence structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment