Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Analysis of Three Sources for Informational Report

                For my informational report over the nursing profession I have four main sources: an interview with a nurse, a journal article, a magazine article, and one writing from a professional website.  This analysis will talk about the last three sources.
                My first source is a journal article entitled (Author)ity abroad: The life writing of colonial nurses. This article shows how past nurses’ writings influence nursing and writing in nursing today. Also, the journal article talks about methods of analysis for nurses’ life writing, the Colonial Nursing Association, letters by CNA nurses, and lastly, finding and future research in nursing. This article includes a list of references at the end which may also be helpful for my essay.
                The magazine article that I have chosen for my essay in entitled ANTICOAGULATION DRUGS: WHAT NURSES NEED TO KNOW. This is great example of an informational article that teaches other nurses’ how to do something. This article comes from the Johns Hopkins Nursing magazine which contains many forms of writings done by nurses. The article from this magazine will enlighten me to the many writing forms done in the nursing profession.
                The third source for my informational report over nursing is the National Institutes of Health website. This website contains health information, grants and funding, news and events, research and training, and much more. One particular article from this website that I will be using is one entitled How We’re Living With HIV. This article is a perfect example of the writing format done in the health field (outside of hospitals). This article catches readers’ attention with the visual effects, but also informs about the advances in HIV. It is a true academic writing that helps me understand what people in the health field write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment